Omicron Pi Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau
Omicron Pi is the UMDNJ-SN Chapter of the Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau.
The Society's Vision and Mission
A Vision to Lead
To create a global community of nurses who lead in using scholarship, knowledge and technology to improve the health of the world's people.
A Mission to Serve, Support and Improve
Sigma Theta Tau International, Honor Society of Nursing provides leadership and scholarship in practice, education and research to enhance the health of all people. We support the learning and professional development of our members, who strive to improve nursing care worldwide.
- Sigma Theta Tau International is dedicated to improving the health of people worldwide by increasing the scientific base of nursing practice.
- Members are nursing scholars committed to the pursuit of excellence in clinical practice, education, research and leadership.
- We believe that broadening the base of nursing knowledge through knowledge development, dissemination and use offers great promise for promoting a healthier populace.
- We are committed to furthering nursing research in health care delivery and public policy.
- We sustain and support nursing's development and provide vision for the future of nursing and health care through our network of worldwide community of nurse scholars.
- We make available our diverse resources to all people and institutions interested in the scientific knowledge base of the nursing profession.
For more Information Contact:
Daria Napierkowski, DNP, RN, APN, CDE
374. Omicron Pi Chapter
UMDNJ, School of Nursing
65 Bergen Street - SSB 1013
Newark, New Jersey 07101-1709