Sign up for Alerts
Stuff Happens -Sign up for these things now. Be Prepared.
Text Messaging to cell phones/email
Sign up for Rave Alerts at my.umdnj.edu (look in University-wide Toolbox)
We implemented the Rave-Guardian system, which allows you to set a walking alarm that, if not disabled by you, will alert Public Safety to the fact that you might need help. Everyone with a UMDNJ email address is automatically signed up for UMDNJ emergency email alerts through Rave but you must set up your alert system with your cell phone information by CLICKING HERE, signing into the Portal and then completing your online profile. Then you can set your alarm on your cell via a text message and disable it when you reach your destination OR receive assistance if you need it. Great, right?!
- NJAlert.com (Join the UMDNJSN group on this site)
SN has its own email/cell phone alert system for circumstances that are not necessarily emergencies but do have an impact on your life – like delayed openings due to inclement weather, building flooding that results in a temporary closure, etc. If you have not yet signed up for SN email/text message alerts then this is how it’s done: first register at UnitedAlert and then join the SN Group. I need to approve your membership so it may take up to a day for your account to be confirmed.
Look for Alerts
Emergency Announcements will be posted on these websites
Listen to Alerts
Radio and Television Stations
School closings or major emergencies will be broadcast here
NEWS 12 (Cable News)
101.5 FM or 1260 AM
- Northern NJ - 880 AM or 710 AM
- Central NJ - 1450 AM or 98.3 FM
- Southern NJ - 1060 AM (Code: 615) or 97.3 FM
School closings or major emergencies can be listened to here
- UMDNJ Official Emergency Announcement Line
- Newark/Scotch Plains - all Units except UH 973-972-4300
- Newark - University Hospital 973-972-0000
- Piscataway/New Brunswick/Somerset 732-235-4636
- Camden 856-757-9771
- Stratford 856-566-6187
Inclement Weather Procedures
- An Inclement Weather Day is declared when severe weather conditions cause the Campus/University to effect "Inclement Weather Emergency" operating procedures in order to maintain its services and programs.
- UMDNJ Official Emergency Announcement Line: 888-MY-UMDNJ (888-698-6365). Closing announcements by any federal, state or local governmental agency will not pertain to UMDNJ
- The University Hospital and UBHC Inpatient Services will remain operational on a seven-day, twenty-four hour schedule.
- Due to the various locations of the University campuses, weather conditions will be evaluated individually at each campus and location, and the implementation of the “Inclement Weather Emergency” procedure at one campus or location may not necessarily affect another campus or location.
- View Inclement Weather Procedures for Clinical Students (pdf)