Basic Clinical Skills and Health Assessment
24 contact hours (a three-day course) Offered on the following dates
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM each day
This course is not scheduled at this time. Join our Mailing list
Join our mailing list to get notified of future offerings
This intense, three-day course will teach you to conduct a comprehensive head-to-toe assessment, exploring all major systems; abnormal versus normal. In-depth exploration of clinical and interviewing skills and the application of the nursing process will prepare you to successfully assess and intervene.
Bring your own stethoscope.
Reference book and handout included.
This course meets the requirements for entry into the UMDNJ graduate nursing program and may be submitted for review by other nursing graduate programs*. This course will also update and enhance the clinical skills of nurses who are returning to clinical practice.
*Practicum or final examination for students can be arranged for an additional fee of $75. (Please call to set up)
Locations & Map
UMDNJ - Newark Campus
65 Bergen Street
Newark, NJ 07101 Map
SSB Room 1020
Lot and Deck Parking Available:
- So. Orange Ave & Bergen St parking garage @ $10 day
- Bergen St. & 12th Ave. parking garage @ $7.50 per day.
- Metered parking is available on Bergen St. Be aware that ALL of the "posts" are metered spots. Follow directions on meters with "heads."
UMDNJ-School of Nursing
65 Bergen Street, SSB, GA 213
* University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey School of Nursing and The University Hospital is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by New Jersey State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission On Accreditation. P# TP290-7-1-13
Planner and Speakers have declared that they have nothing to disclose.
• There is no commercial support for this activity.
• Accredited status does not imply endorsement by the UMDNJ School of Nursing, The University Hospital, NJSNA or ANCC of any commercial products or services.