Emergency Nursing - Advanced professional Training
Location:(Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary)
August 20, 2012 through August 28, 2012
Class will begin at 8AM and end at 2PM each day.
Tours will be scheduled for after 2PM on weekdays and available all day on Saturday and Sunday.
46 contact hours
The keynotes give an overview of the current topic. After the presentations there are discussions with international teams of students. They choose a topic based on the keynotes and start a short study work. During the teamwork students have to use issues and topics from the keynotes, the
Upon completion students of the course will be able to:
- Identify patients' problems associated with emergency situations.
- Know new trends and interventions.
- Understand examination, treatment, and diagnostic methods.
- Give sufficient professional responses to the challenges of emergency nursing.
- Perform critical thinking on specialized services of emergency nursing.
Monday - 8/20
• Hospital tour
• Overview of emergency care/triage/educational preparation
• Resuscitation Science
Tuesday - 8/21
• Chest pain
• Arrhythmia identification/management
• 12-lead as a diagnostic tool
• Overview of other diagnostics to include echocardiogram, cardiac catherization
• Laboratory testing
• Ausculation and identification of normal hearts sounds, mummurs, clicks, rubs
• Overview of devices to include CRT, VAD, ECNO, MARS, CVVH
• Myocardial infarction, congestive failure, acute coronary syndrome
• Therapeutic Hypothermia
Wednesday - 8/22
• Pulmonary Embolus
Tour: Ethnic Museum
Thursday - 8/23
• Altered Mental Status
Tour: Museum of Horrors
Friday - 8/24
GI and GU Emergencies
• Abdominal pain
• GI bleed
• Nausea and vomiting
• Renal failure
Saturday - 8/25
On Your Own
Sunday - 8/26
On Your Own
Monday - 8/27
Hospital/Simulation (utilizing international teams)
Tuesday - 8/28
Hospital /Simulation lab (utilizing international teams)
Mary Kamienski PhD, APRN-C, FAEN
Director of Faculty and Scholarly Development – Primary Care and Associate Professor
UMDNJ - School of Nursing
Students and lecturers from:
Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China
Health Sciences University of Mongolia
University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, USA
& Erasmus Partner Universities
UMDNJ-School of Nursing
65 Bergen Street, SSB, GA 213
* University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey School of Nursing and The University Hospital is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by New Jersey State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission On Accreditation. P# TP290-7-1-13
Planner and Speakers have declared that they have nothing to disclose.
• There is no commercial support for this activity.
• Accredited status does not imply endorsement by the UMDNJ School of Nursing, The University Hospital, NJSNA or ANCC of any commercial products or services.