A one-day course
6 Contact Hours
Tues – June 18, 2013
2:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Maryann Magloire-Wilson & Bruce Ruck
This one-day course for Advanced Practice Nurses who have prescriptive privileges meets the six-hour mandate for APNs to be licensed to prescribe and manage controlled drug substances. Topics include pharmacologic properties of controlled drug substances, their indications and appropriate use, and the New Jersey State licensure requirements related to prescribing controlled drug substances.
- List the classifications for controlled substances.
- Discuss the current licensure requirements for Advanced Practice Nurses in New Jersey related to prescribing controlled substances.
- Select the appropriate drug for a variety of medical indications.
- List the pharmacologic properties of specific controlled substances.
- Identify at least two methods to screen for substances abuse in patients and other practitioners.
- Discuss current services available for impaired healthcare professionals.
Location & Map
UMDNJ - Newark Campus
65 Bergen Street
Rooms listed above
Newark, NJ 07103 Map
Lot and Deck Parking Available:
- So. Orange Ave & Bergen St parking garage @ $10 day
- Bergen St. & 12th Ave. parking garage @ $7.50 per day.
- Metered parking is available on Bergen St. Be aware that ALL of the "posts" are metered spots. Follow directions on meters with "heads."
UMDNJ - Stratford Campus
40 East Laurel Road UEC 2028
Stratford, NJ 08084
Rooms Listed Above
Maryann Magloire-Wilson, APN, MSN
Barbara Lane Giacomelli, PharmD, MDA, CCP, FASHP
Adjunct Assistant Professor
Bruce Ruck, PharmD
Director of Drug Information & Professional Education
NJ Poison Information and Education System
UMDNJ-School of Nursing
65 Bergen Street, SSB, GA 213
* University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey School of Nursing and The University Hospital is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by New Jersey State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission On Accreditation. P# TP290-7-1-13
Planner and Speakers have declared that they have nothing to disclose.
• There is no commercial support for this activity.
• Accredited status does not imply endorsement by the UMDNJ School of Nursing, The University Hospital, NJSNA or ANCC of any commercial products or services.