Education, Networking & Scholarship Awards
Saturday, May 19, 2012
11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Photos from the event
Crowne Plaza Monroe South Brunswick
390 Forsgate Drive
Monroe Township, NJ 08831
Jonathan McCarthy, MSN, MBA, RN, NEA-BC
Vice President, Clinical Services
Kennedy University Hospitals-Cherry Hill, NJ
Leading Change in a Changing World
(one contact hour* provided)
No matter where you are in your nursing career, you have an opportunity to make changes for the better—within yourself, within your workplace and within the lives of your patients and their families. Jonathan McCarthy will lead us in an exploration of various types of change, organizational factors that affect change, and strategies to support positive changes in nursing.
Jonathan McCarthy has served as vice president of clinical services for Kennedy University Hospitals' campus in Cherry Hill, NJ since November 2010. Prior to joining Kennedy, he was director of nursing operations for Binghamton General Hospital, Binghamton, NY. From 2002-2008, McCarthy held a variety of leadership roles at the Maine Medical Center, Portland, ME. A product of the higher education system in Maine, he earned his MBA from Thomas College, Waterville; his MSN from Husson College, Bangor; and his BSN from the University of Southern Maine in Portland. He also holds a Six Sigma Healthcare Greenbelt Certificate from Villanova University.
• Learn about the different types of change
• Understand a brief overview of Lewin's Change Management model
• Understand Kotter's 8-step process to implement change
• Address the impact of institutional "culture" and its impact on creating a change environment
• Discuss strategies for individuals to affect change in Nursing
Congratulations to the following five SN students who were selected to receive 2012 Alumni Association Scholarships.
Jeanne Marzitelli, DNP student, will receive the Ray Scarpa, Sr., Memorial Scholarship and Julianne Grub, BSN student, will receive the Noel Rosner Memorial Scholarship. Alumni Fund Scholarships will go to Ashley Brady, MSN student; Theodora Kulesza, DNP student; and Alex Rocha, BSN student.
Alumni Luncheon Sponsorship Opportunities
Help a great cause!
Support the UMDNJ-SN Alumni Association Scholarship Fund for UMDNJ nursing students.
Please respond by May 2, 2011.
To learn more, contact Martha Bahamon: (973) 679-4685; email@example.com; or download the Sponsorship Letter & Contract Form. (pdf) »
The UMDNJ - School of Nursing Alumni Association Scholarship Fund is managed by
the Foundation of UMDNJ, a 501( c )3 charitable organization.
Make a Gift
Support the UMDNJ-School of Nursing Alumni Association Donations accepted in any amount
Phone 973-972-8539 or
* University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey School of Nursing and The University Hospital is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by New Jersey State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission On Accreditation. P# TP290-7-1-13
Planner and Speakers have declared that they have nothing to disclose.
• There is no commercial support for this activity.
• Accredited status does not imply endorsement by the UMDNJ School of Nursing, The University Hospital, NJSNA or ANCC of any commercial products or services.
Center for Lifelong Learning at UMDNJ-School of Nursing---Offering Continuing Education & Professional Development for APNs, RNs, nursing faculty, and other healthcare professionals.