at Kennedy Health System
UMDNJ - School of Nursing offers New Jersey's largest and most comprehensive program of graduate nursing education.
Contact your Partnership Liaison
Kennedy Health System has partnered with UMDNJ - School of Nursing to provide Kennedy employees with an RN to MSN program on-site in Cherry Hill, Washington Twp., and Stratford, NJ.
MSN Options available through this partnership are
Kennedy Health System RN-MSN Track Admission Requirements
- New Jersey Registered Nurse License
- Applicants who have a non-nursing baccalaureate degree may be conditionally accepted into an MSN track, but must complete the Transition course before full matriculation into the specialty.
- Applicants with a diploma or associate degree in nursing will be conditionally accepted into a MSN track but must complete NURS 5104 Advanced Pathophysiology , NURS 5105 Clinical Pharmacology, and all prerequisite courses. A course grade of B and a term GPA of 3.0 and cumulative GPA of 3.0 must be maintained each semester in the graduate level courses. The student must achieve a B or better in any course work to remain enrolled as a conditionally accepted student. These courses can only be taken once and must be successfully completed for matriculated status. RN-MSN applicants will be accepted in a conditional, non-matriculated status. Students must successfully complete the nursing undergraduate coursework from UMDNJ – SN prior to applying for full matriculation
- Official transcripts documenting graduation from an NLN accredited diploma or associate degree nursing program. Students must submit all official transcripts of all colleges/universities previously attended.
- Evidence of current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Adult, Child, Infant and AED.
- Evidence of one year recent experience as a Registered Nurse prior to entry into the clinical practicum courses at the graduate level
- Evidence of two years current clinical experience is required for the Acute/Critical Care Nurse Practitioner Track (Emergency and/or Critical Care experience is required)
- Applicants may be asked to attend an advisement meeting with the Track Coordinator/Advisor or Academic Dean prior to acceptance into any program.
Course Registration Form »
This is the form to use if interested in taking courses as a non matriculated student. There is no application fee or transcripts required. All Kennedy RNs can take up to 10 graduate credits as a non-matriculated student by filling this out and faxing to UMDNJ.
Application for Admission »
The Kennedy application (the formal application) is for those RNs with a BSN or BS in any field or RNs (with diploma / associate degree) who have completed all the undergraduate coursework (statistics and basic health assessment) and the two graduate courses (patho and research).
* General Education Credits
* English Composition I & II
Community Health Nursing
Comprehensive Health Assessment
Policy & Politics in Healthcare Systems
Nursing Leadership and Management
Health Promotion in a Multicultural Society
MSN tracks -
Nurse Practitioner Family
Nurse Practitioner Acute Critical Care
|Total credits for RN to MSN||151 – 157|
1. RNs with a previous bachelor's degree will take a three credit Transition
2. BSN students will start in any of the MSN tracks above tracks onsite.
3. Other MSN tracks are offered at UMDNJ- SN
*Outstanding prerequisite courses can be completed at any US accredited
college or university while enrolled as a non-matriculated student. All
prerequisite and BSN core courses must be successfully completed prior to
enrolling in any MSN course.