Admissions - Application Information & Deadlines
As the integration of UMDNJ-School of Nursing and most other schools of UMDNJ into Rutgers University proceeds toward its target date of July 1, 2013, please note that UMDNJ-School of Nursing is continuing enrollment of new students for all of its existing programs. More information is available here.
Application Submission/Deadline Dates:
- Many programs have limited seating. Apply early.
- Check the admission requirements for your specific program before applying.
- Application deadline dates are subject to change without notice. It is in the prospective students best interest to check this page frequently.
- Application fee will be paid to NursingCAS.
- Applicants should only apply to one BSN program (either the accelerated or part time) but not to both.
- All required documentation must be submitted by the following dates. All prerequisite courses must be COMPLETE before the application deadline. Candidates with a course still in progress may not apply.
- Applications will be reviewed after the application deadline
Accelerated BSN program
- Spring Term deadline - September 1st )
- Summer Term deadline - February 3rd
- Fall Term deadline - June 1st
- Applications can only be submitted for one campus. Any students applying to more than one designation in Nursing CAS will not be eligible for a refund.
BSN Degree Part-time program
- Summer Term deadline -February 3rd )
- Spring Term deadline -September 1st )
Notice: Admissions are suspended for the Advanced Community Health Nursing Leadership MSN program and the Nursing Education program until further notice
To expedite processing, we are requesting return of your application packet by the following dates:
Family Health NP Program
- Fall Term deadline (June 1st)
- Spring Term deadline (October 1st)
- Summer Term deadline (February 1st)
All other Masters/ Postmasters
The application fee is $50.
Doctor of Nursing Practice
The DNP Programs accept applicants twice a year.
DNP Courses do not follow the traditional academic semesters.
(Application Deadlines: November 1 for Spring and July 1 for Fall admission)
PhD in Urban Health
The PhD Program accepts applications for Fall admissions no later than June 15. Completed applications can be submitted at any time. Applicants are encouraged to contact the coordinator, Dr. Pacquiao
Foreign students wishing to inquire about the F-1 status should visit the International Services website.
International Applicants on any type of VISA must provide a home country mailing address as their permanent address. You are considered an out-of-state resident even if you currently reside in the state of New Jersey.
Registration or course schedules?
View the contact page
UMDNJ is committed to complying with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act.